There are many advantages to developing a mobile app for your business. An app allows you to improve brand recognition, enhance customer engagement, and helps you stand out from the competition. It also allows to you to create a direct marketing channel to your customers and increase profitability.
If you’re interested in developing an app for a mobile platform, then you should strongly consider Android. The operating system by Google hits new heights every year. As of 2019, the platform has over 2.5 billion active users across a wide demographical and geographical range. Aside from the huge market share, there are a few other good reasons you should develop your smartphone app on Android:
#1 Android App Development Is Cost-Effective
Because Android OS follows an open-source model, developers have access to many powerful SDK tools for free. Developers are free to develop on Windows, Linux, or Ma. And unlike iOS, there’s no annual fee to develop for Android. These are some of the reasons why it costs less to develop for the Android OS than iOS.
#2 Android Has Many App Developers:
Because of the popularity of the operating system, there are many Android developers to choose from across the globe. A good development agency should be able to deliver a quality product at a competitive price and offer a fast turnaround. They should know their development tools, have a clear strategy, and be able to overcome the following hurdles:
- Hardware and software fragmentation: There are many versions of Android running across hundreds of different devices across the world, each with different form factors and specifications. Because there is no hardware or software standardization, development can be a challenge for an inexperienced developer. Likewise, there are many carriers for the operating system that have the freedom to modify the platform and hence create more fragmentation
- Security Issues: Android OS can have security issues because of Google’s more relaxed guidelines. However, an experienced developer can overcome these problems.
Most importantly, a developer should truly democratize the development process by involving you, the client, at every step of the phase. Click here to learn more about one such agency that takes your app ideas and develops them into best-of-class mobile apps for smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices.
#3 Android Apps Have Seen Interesting Trends in 2019
There have been several interesting trends in app development of late. Taking advantage of these trends may help your app:
- Android apps are getting smarter thanks to machine learning (ML) technology, which allows for smarter apps that learn through repetition
- Android Jetpack, a collection of software components designed to advance development, has been adopted by most of the top apps in Google Play since it was launched.
- Internet of things (IoT) continues to trend in 2019 by attracting more development and investment
These are some of the reasons why Android is a compelling platform for app development. With the right development agency on your side that thinks outside the box, you can quickly achieve your goals in the digital world.